Monday, March 12, 2007

DC United Stadium - is it ever going to happen?

Soccertimes' Robert Wagman wrote a great article on a possible new DC United Stadium at Poplar Point. Clearly this is a messy project. Read the article - it's very interesting.

My take... I think DC United fans would all love a soccer stadium of their own, but we have to understand that it's not so easy dealing with the DC Government. I mean, DC has a tradition of messing up a stadium deals. I think we can thank them for FedEx field and not a football stadium in DC or almost losing baseball with the stadium dispute. So I can't imagine how DC United doesn't get the shaft especially if the Redskins move back to DC as Wagman suggests.

All we can do is hope the United's stadium deal gets worked out in the near future.

No comments: